Behavioral Health Management
WHAT WE DO
In cooperation with community based mental health providers, we evaluate and treat children for behavior concerns and school problems including:
- inattention, hyperactivity, and lack of focus
DOES YOUR CHILD NEED A BEHAVIORAL EVALUATION?
If you have concerns about your child's behavior or development, please call and speak to our advice nurse. She will discuss your concerns and gather information that will be used to determine how we can best help your child. If a Behavioral Evaluation with one of our providers is needed, she will schedule this visit for you and provide you with assessment tools that you can complete prior to the your visit.
- Assessment tools for ADD/ADHD that may be provided for you include:
- Vanderbilt Assessment - Parent Initial
- Vanderbilt Assessment - Teacher Initial
If provided, please download both assessments and:
Important! Both assessments must be returned to our office one week prior to your child's appointment.
Anxiety and Depression
- Complete the Parent Assessment and return to our office.
- Provide Teacher Assessment to your child's teacher. Ask the teacher to complete and return to our office.
- During our evaluation, we will work with you and your child to determine the best evaluation and treatment.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A BEHAVIORAL EVALUATION
At least one week prior to your appointment, complete provided assessments noted above. On the day of your child's behavioral evaluation, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. Both you and your child will then meet with the doctor who will perform a thorough assessment and develop a behavioral health management plan for your child. Our providers may recommend additional counseling to best serve your child. If the doctor prescribes medication, he/she will want to follow up with your child closely to assess your child's progress and to determine if the medication is effective. You can schedule the follow-up assessment before you leave the office.